Victoria Markets


Hi guys,

I haven't updated this blog for over a fortnight. I felt that I didn't have enough pictures to post and when the second week of posting rolled over, I got into a groove of not wanting to update. It's probably a habit I shouldn't get used to. But above all, I was probably just lazy and procrastinating hence making up all these excuses. Which is probably okay for now since not many people keep up to date with my blog anyway but still, it's not something I should get used to. I've downloaded a Google Chrome extension that is just a writing application. It's a minimalist's writing application which is a basic word processor with only words that you type on the screen. Anyway, I've talked about this for far too long haha.

Getting on with it. Since my last update, I've been doing a bit of street photography here and there. I've also put in a back order for a Fujifilm X100s as well and that was supposed to come on the 10th of May but later found out that it has been delayed until the 10th of June which is kind of ridiculous and was very discouraging. But hey, life goes on.

Because of this, I've been looking for other ways to enjoy my Olympus OM-D E-M5 instead and I've decided to look into flash photography. It's a fairly new concept to wrap my head around and I know that I have a long road ahead of me. But I've managed to get myself signed up to a free seminar on flash photography and I've been reading a lot about it online. I've narrowed my choice down to a YONGNUO Speedlite YN-560 III. It's a very cheap flash that has been getting raving reviews from what I've seen. The best part about it? It costs under $100. So if I do find this too difficult, I'm only down $90 or so and I can always resell it on Ebay or something.

I've also booked flights to Japan at the end of the year. I saw a Facebook post about it from one of my good friends and asked if I could join them on their trip. I feel like I'm kind of a third wheel though especially that they're a couple and I'm intruding on their party. But I've lived with them in the past and they're great people, always making me feel welcome. I actually feel closer to them than my family in which I still have mixed feeling about. But it's always good to know I have people to turn to if I'm ever in need. I'll be in Japan for a week and a bit visiting Tokyo and Osaka. I'm looking forward to this as I can try out street photography in another country. Until then, I'll be reading up on their photography law and researching interesting places to photograph and looking into gear I'll be using. (A new laptop/ tablet might be in need.) Stay tuned.

As the title says, I've been to the Victoria Markets very briefly for the first time. It was an overwhelming experience since I'm from a small city that's closer to another country than another state. I've managed to create a few photographs that I'm fairly happy with. Other than that, I went to have lunch at a place called Wonderbao where they only make steam buns. Very cheap eat and very delicious. I think I've found a place I need to go often on my days off.

Other than that, I've started to automatically upload my photos from Adobe Lightroom to Flickr now and started adding watermarks to my photos. I might go through and update my Flickr so that all my photos have watermarking on them.

That's all for this week, I should have my flash by the next post but I probably won't post any pictures until I'm happy with my technique.

Thank you for reading and as always, pictures are to follow below.

Matthew.



P5110047

P5110015-Edit

P5110013-Edit

P5110025-Edit

P5150072-Edit.jpg

P5110030.jpg

Doing it wrong

Into darkness Mattt Lee Photography

1 comments:

  1. Hi Matt,

    Did you know that you can swap the blog comments here (which require extra work to follow up) to Google+ Comments? If you do that, you integrate your Blog presence with Google+ activities and it take less work.

    I like the photo of the kid looking back.

    ReplyDelete

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author