Night Walker

Hi guys, Last week, I went on a photo-walk on my own for the first time. Up until now, all the photos that you've seen have been taken with someone beside me. Moving from a small town to a big town, I've always had fears of big city folks coming up to me and confronting me. I, who I was up until now was a fairly introverted person. I still am, but not to the point of where I'm going up to strangers asking if I can take their picture. I hope to reach that stage one day. For now, I'm an urban ninja taking photos of you. What.

This week, I decided to explore the realms of the night with just my OM-D, a couple of batteries and SD cards along with a microfiber cloth. I left my bag at home and decided to roam light. I think this is my preferred way of taking the streets, I actually felt liberated and very limber and mobile. After taking a few pictures the way I normally would do during the day, I learnt right away that my sensor was at a disadvantage as my sensor wasn't large enough to freeze people with the desired exposure. I also haven't received my flash yet, so there was no way for me to assault people with blinding light at night. I wasn't comfortable in exceeding ISO 3200 as it would have gotten very noisy and ugly. Instead, I instantly thought of my friend Clinton, and his approach of street photography. I must admit, it was very refreshing and it made me think more before pressing the shutter button and explore more of the city in search for suitable light. 


Some things I'd do differently next time would be to bring a tripod so I can get longer exposures without having any out of focus images (The 5 axis image stabilisation system is great mind you.) and to actually explore more of the city. This time around, I walked the city for about an hour and a half. Next time, I'll probably double that.

 In other news, I received my Artisan & Artisan Easy Slider camera strap which is the main reason I decided to leave my bag at home as I could sling my camera across my body. I chose to go black as it doesn't draw attention to me, the user. However, I do like the red a lot more. P5230087.jpg

Here's a video of Steve Huff demonstrating the strap. It's pretty freaking awesome.


That's all for this week guys, I plan to go out again on my two days off and just wonder around the city like a lost dog. I'll of course, take pictures of anything interesting I come across. I hope I get a few great snaps. As always, Pictures of this weeks photos are below.

Thanks,

 Matthew



P5270146.jpg

P5230136.jpg

P5230130.jpg

P5230120.jpg

P5230114.jpg

P5230104.jpg

P5230102.jpg

P5230125-Edit.jpg

P5230138.jpg

P5230100.jpg Mattt Lee Photography

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author