Hello world.

Hello everyone.

My name is Matthew and I'm an amateur photographer from the great city of Melbourne. I've been doing photography on and off for almost a year now and my preference in cameras are of the mirrorless range, mainly because they're small and quite compact but still gives an amazing picture quality. It suits the style of photography I'm trying to aim for. My current setup is the Olympus OM-D and along with that, the Panasonic/ Leica 25mm f/ 1.4 lens. I've chosen this camera as my style of photography is street photography. I love capturing the candid moments of strangers in everyday life. To do this, I feel that I have to use equipment that is quiet and 'stealthy'. I'm also usually out for 3-4 hours at a time too, so smaller less cumbersome equipment is preferred. The Pana/ Leica lens I use I feel is great for street photography. Although naively the lens is a 25mm, it's a 50mm equivalent since the sensor in the OM-D has a crop factor of 2 (2 x 25 = 50). You're usually able to get an intimate portrait of your subject without getting too close. But it's not as close so that you lose the environment surrounding the subject.

Now when I say I'm new to photography, I honestly mean all aspects of photography. Including the developing side of things. I've never really dabbled in the art of Photoshop-ing or Lightroom-ing before so most of my edits are very very crude. I think the composure is there, I just need to be able to 'bring out the true story' of the picture. I might even consider re-editing these a few years down the track when I am more proficient with editing software.

Anyway, I think that's enough for today. Here are some shots I've taken. Please let me know what you think and how I can improve.

Matthew Lee.


P2150397-Edit

P2150384-Edit

P8170134

P7170314

P7170257

P7210051-Edit

P7090323-Edit

P7090126-Edit

P7090278-Edit

*Edit*

Whoops, I've forgotten to add the latest photograph that I'v just finished of my friend/ sisters boyfriend.

P2230564-Edit Mattt Lee Photography

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author